New challenges for a new Parliament - Brussels
The outcome of the 2014 European Elections opens up new scenarios for Europe’s main political and institutional actors. It is time to look ahead to the challenges in the political reform of the policy areas of economy, civil rights, social Europe, energy, enlargement and external action. Also to analyse what are the prospects for the election of a new European commission President and Europe’s top jobs and the impact of raising Euroscepticism.
- Mr. Günther Dauwen, Secretary General of the Centre Maurits Coppieters
- Ms. Susanne Hartig, Executive Director of the European Liberal Forum
- Ms. Heidi Hautala, President of the Green European Foundation
- Mr. François Lafond, Executive Director of EuropaNova and member of the Scientific Committee of the Institute of European Democrats
- Mr. Roland Freudenstein, Deputy Director of the Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies
- Mr. Haris Golemis legal representative of Transform!
The debate was moderated by Lisbeth Kirk, Editor in Chief of EU Observer.
Watch the speaker’s interventions at the devoted #EUchallenges channel
Download the easy to print Program – New challenges for a new parliament – 8 July 2014 here
When: 8 July 2014 – 18:00 ~ 20:00 (cocktail at 17:30)
Where: Rue de la Loi 42 Wetstraat. 1000, Brussels.
Do you plan to attend? No registration fees. Seats are limited, RSVP preferred: [email protected]
Media inquiries can be addressed to [email protected]
Give us your opinion and share help us share this information at the Facebook Event Page and/or follow the debate through the twitter hashtag #EUChallenges
. . .
This Conference is financially supported by the European Parliament. The European Parliament is not liable for the content of the conference or the opinions of the speakers.
This conference is an initiative of the Centre Maurits Coppieters.