Work in a Europe of the 21st Century - Barcelona
9.00 – Accreditation
9.30 – Opening remarks
- Joan Manuel Tresserras, President of Fundació Josep Irla
- Antonia Luciani, Vice-President of Centre Maurits Coppieters
9.45 – Key note speech: “The precariat”
- David Rueda, professor of Comparative Politics from the University of Oxford
10.15 – Presentation of the research study: “To Work and Decide: The Participation of Workers as a Business Strategy”
- Montserrat Palet, expert in strategic management
11.30 – Break
12.00 – Round-table “EU Competitiveness and the Labour Market”
Moderated by David Grosclaude, European Free Alliance Vice-President, journalist
- Patrick Gibbels, Secretary General – European Small Business Alliance (ESBA)
- Marina Monaco, Policy Advisor – European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC)
- José María Larrañaga, Consultant for cooperatives
13.00 – Closing remarks
- Dolors Bassa, Minister of Work, Social and Familial Affairs of the Government of Catalonia
When: Friday 18th November 2016, from 09:00 to 13:00
Where: Fundació Antoni Tàpies (auditorium), Aragó 155, Barcelona (Catalonia)
More information can be found here.
Interpretation will be provided in English.
Do you plan to attend? Please RSVP via [email protected]. No registration fees.
Give us your opinion and share this information at [email protected] or via Twitter @IdeasForEurope.
Media inquiries can be addressed to [email protected] or via Twitter @IdeasForEurope
. . .
This Conference is financially supported by the European Parliament. The European Parliament is not liable for the content of the conference or the opinions of the speakers.
. . .
This conference is a joint initiative of Fundació Josep Irla and Centre Maurits Coppieters.