Green Nations - Valencia
In cooperation with EFAy, its member party Joves PV-Compromis, EFA, Federation of Young European Greens, and the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament, our foundation organised a three-day event from the 6-8 October 2017 to shed light on the possibilities of decentralisation for green and sustainable policies in Europe.
The event consisted of debates, capacity-building trainings and learning-by-doing activities, which focused particularly on three main topics that have a special significance in the Valencian Country: sea pollution, renewable energies and urban agriculture. We also compared different cases and shared best practices of ‘green nations’ in Europe, such as Friesland, Brittany, Basque Country, Galicia, Andalusia, Catalunya, Aragon, Wales and Cornwall, among others.
Friday, October 6th
19.30 Welcome words
- Víctor Medina, from Joves PV – Compromís
- Paula Espinosa, from Joves VQ – Compromís and FYEG
- Max Zañartu, from EFAY
- Àgueda Micó, from BLOC and Compromís
- Elena Cebrian, Valencian Minister for Enviorment
- Joan Ribó, València’s Major
Saturday, October 7th
10.00 Session 1: Impact over lake ecosystems
- Raquel Romero, el Palmar’s major
- Javier Jiménez, biologist and member of Acció Ecologista – Agró
- Lucia Moreno, member of Acció Ecologista – Agró
11.40 Session 2: Renewable energy and the sun tax
- Henk de Vries, professor at Rotterdam School of Management
- Elise de Groote, researcher of Coppieters Foundation
- Salvador Moncayo , from Plataforma Nuevo Modelo Energético
12.30 Boat trip along the Albufera
16.30 Bus to València
18.30 Round Table: Climate change, COP23 and agriculture
- Florent Marcellesi, EFA-Greens MEP
- Jordi Sebastià, ex-EFA-Greens deputy and Compromís member
19.00 Outdoor performance: Plastic Sea
Sunday, October 8th
9.30 Biking from València to Bonrepòs i Mirambell
10.30 Welcome words
- Maria Josep Amigó, vice-president of the Regional Council
- Rosella Antolí, Bonrepòs i Mirambell’s Major
11.00 Round Table: Agriculture and food sovereignty
- Marian Campello, Joves PV – Compromís deputy at Valencian Parliament
- Unió de Llauradors
. . .
When: 6-8th October 2017
Where: Valencian Country
RSVP and registration required. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be no interpretation.
Share your views about the event on Twitter @ideasforeurope.eu.
Media inquiries can be addressed to email@example.com
. . .
This conference is financially supported by the European Parliament. The European Parliament is not liable for the content of the conference or the opinions of the speakers.
. . .
This conference is a joint initiative of EFAy, Joves PV-Compromis, EFA, Federation of Young European Greens, the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament and Centre Maurits Coppieters.