Call for 2018 project proposals now open! Deadline: 4 January
The procedure for sending in your project ideas and proposals is now open. Please submit them by the 4th January 2018 (or 15th of December 2017 if submitted in any other language different from English).
The projects received will be discussed and approved by the Coppieters Bureau in their next meeting on 12th January 2017.
When submitting a proposal, please note that it has to comply with the following criteria:
• Projects should have a political impact (policy implications and/or analysis) rather than a cultural outlook
• Projects should have a European scope
• Projects should have a good quality outcome
• Projects should be easy to communicate
• Projects should have some co-financing by a local counterpart / member
• Projects should not go against EFA objectives, such as respect for democratic values, cultural diversity, collective rights and peace
• Priority will be given to those projects already approved in previous years
• Projects submitted by the same researchers will not be granted again in two consecutive years
• Project budgets should not include provisions to human resources or coordination
Our work program falls into 3 main pillars of action: (1) political and socio-economic studies, (2) historical studies and philosophy and (3) direct interactions with EU institutions. Your projects should fall into one of these 3 categories, but can also include: series of interviews, media work, archiving services. Other sort of services or websites are atypical, but also eligible for funding.
CO-FINANCING OF PROJECTS
Coppieters Foundation is a non-profit European political foundation. 85% of our budget is funded by the European Parliament. Therefore, implementation of projects must follow strict rules to ensure correct implementation of (1) the European Union financial regulations and rules of application, (2) the grant agreement signed with the European Parliament, and (3) Coppieters’ own internal control rules and procedures.
IMPORTANT: Coppieters Foundation and its project partners share project costs. All projects are co-financed by project partners in the form of direct project contributions. The desirable project contribution is set at 30% for our members, 40% for our associated members and 50% for non-members. Please bear in mind that members and associated members pay annual fees to Coppieters foundation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can we apply our project in a different language other than English?
Yes. Please respect the deadline set for applications in languages other than English in order for us to have enough time to translate the documents.
2. Can we organize a cultural event, like an art exhibition or music festival?
Although we coordinate research on cultural diversity, our work program includes projects that carry out or engage with political analysis. We are looking for projects with a political focus and European scope. Art exhibitions and music festivals do not fall under our pillars of action.
3. Can we apply more than one project?
4. If we submitted a project last year, can we apply another project this year?
5. What does a typical budget break-down look like for a conference, study or other types of projects?
Below you can see estimates of costs and approximate budget break-downs for each activity based on our experience. Please use these as a guide when designing your project. Do get in touch with service suppliers in your geographical area as prices can vary.
(1) CONFERENCES have an approximate costs of 5.000,00 to 15.000 EUR
1.000,00 to 5.000,00 EUR – Travel costs and accommodation
2.000,00 to 4.000,00 EUR – Interpretation (English <> second language)
2.000,00 to 4.000,00 EUR – Interpretation facilities (booths, headphones, micro)
1.000,00 to 3.000,00 EUR – Media insertions + printing materials
500,00 to 1,000 EUR – Coffee breaks and meals
(2) STUDIES have an approximate costs of 10.000 to 15.000 EUR
1.000,00 to 4.000,00 EUR – Drafting of the text and research
1.500,00 to 2.500,00 EUR – Graphic design
3.000,00 to 7.000,00 EUR – Translation into English/French.
4.000,00 to 7.000,00 EUR – Printing and distribution
(3) PODCASTS have an approximate cost of 4.000 EUR
1.000,00 to 2.000,00 EUR – Travel costs and accommodation
1.000,00 to 2.000,00 EUR – Video editing
(4) VIDEO have an approximate cost of 10.000 EUR
1.000,00 to 3.000,00 EUR – Storyboard
3.000,00 to 8.000,00 EUR – Video editing
6. How do project contributions work in practice?
Please check the detailed guidelines and FAQ page at the end of the Project Application Form.